Just thought I’d post this. Few people in this country have ever read it. Fewer understand it and its implications. Fewer still realize that this is the direction we’ve been heading pretty much since the Woodstock generation took over. I present to you:
10 Planks of the Communist Manifesto
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all right of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equable distribution of the population over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production
According to the Communist Manifesto, all these were prerequisites for a transition from capitalism to communism. In other words, these are the building blocks of a Communist state. Does any of the above sound familiar? And not to sound like Mr. Mackey, but “Communism’s bad, mmkay.”
Remember the wise words of Ronald Regan, “How do you tell a Communist? Well, it’s someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It’s someone who understands Marx and Lenin.”
And my favorite Regan quote, “The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.'”